I have finally given in and started a blog. Hooray, it's a miracle!
So why the title of Choirboy? It goes way back to when Doug and I were going down the road to love and eternal bliss. His roommates nicknamed him Choirboy because he was in Men's Chorus at BYU and look at him! He has the most angelic looking face!!! He should be on the cover of an altar boy ad saying "Calling all angelic looking boys, inquire within if you have a face like this one."
Anyways, Doug's roommates loved to tease him and call him Choirboy; while we were dating they came up with a song that went something like this: "My name is choirboy. Desiree is my tinker toy. My skills I will employ. I am your playboy....". Anytime I entered their apartment, they would bust out this song on the piano and sing it at the top of their lungs. Needless to say I got a good kick out of it. I thought it clever, funny, and have never forgotten it. Plus, Doug is so much fun to tease--I should know, I have been teasing him for 5 years now and have no plans to stop. So Doug, this blog name is for you! :)
Well, we are the Butlers. We are currently living out our saga in Pocatello, Idaho where Doug is getting his DPT (doctor of physical therapy) degree at ISU.
Our son, our little Pipsqueak, is the spitting image of Doug and very good-natured. But if you look close into his eyes, you'll see a mischievous sparkle in there, yea, that's the part of me in him. :)
It has been an interesting ride for us. I am a California girl, Doug is a Washington boy. The bottom line, we feel like we live in the country, in the middle of nowhere. But what Pocatello lacks in city-like atmosphere, it makes up with the friendly people that live in the community.
I hope you enjoy our many tales to come.



Yaaaaay! I love your blog! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear funny stories. LUVS!
ReplyDeletewahoo! i'm glad you started a blog. the hardest part is starting it. after that it's no big deal :) check ours out too if you want. i've been doing mine for 4 years!
ReplyDeleteWe are excited to follow along on your adventures! He is a choirboy for sure! -Ryano
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you in blog land! It's such a great way to keep up with family and friends! Can't wait to see more!
ReplyDelete